This talk gives an overview of organisational and technical challenges that awaits JIRA administrator, who started to migrate to new version. Large enterprise environment is a true Pandora box of unpredictable activities, unforeseen from the early phases of migration project.
Topics covered in the talk may help JIRA administrator to prepare for some of them.
• reasonable migration indicators: how to understand that you need to migrate
• typical migration process: what are the phases, who is involved, who is always forgotten
• specifics of migration from external vendor into internal company infrastructure
• internal infrastructure planning
• JIRA integration with authentication services: Seraph internals
• migration insiders: XML export files internals
• migrate project settings without projects
• step-by-step projects migration planning
• transferring the projects: how to sleep well and be sure that all is ok
• external vendor contract termination: starting to live a brand new life