Procedure for Considering Applications
Program Committee members will acknowledge all submissions within few days. Submissions will be reviewed for quality and relevance, and the acceptance decision will be emailed to the corresponding author.
When you submit your paper, you are giving the rights to the conference committee to publish your articles in conference proceedings and reference them in conference materials such as booklets, newsletters, website, etc
Speakers (authors of the regular and lightning talks, roundtables, workshops) will get free passes to the event: one free pass per accepted paper.
Authors, whose reports have not passed a competition, can participate in the conference on the price for the actual date of registration at SQA Days site.
In the case of several co-authors, only one speaker will get a free pass.
In case the speaker is declined for participation in the regular talk format, the lightning talk format can be offered.
How to make a good report
Everyone has own understanding of how to make a good report. Below are just basic principles that must be kept in mind during preparation.
- The report must be interesting for listeners. This item from the repertoire of Captain obvious, but it does not negate its importance.
- Our conference - for testers!
- Any report is interested if the audience understands the ultimate goal. Even if the report dealing with the unknown technologies, approaches, methods. If you understand the meaning of the action, you try to grasp into the process, because there is always a chance that you face such a task in your life.
- Do not expect that the meaning is obvious for an audience. Most of them do not know the nature of your tasks and challenges of your platform. It is better to explain clearly in the beginning.
- The report should not be much to go into private affairs in a specific technology. Often, such a depth involves the lack of obvious practical value for the listeners. Even for your colleagues on technology. (The purpose is not clear.)
- Remember the Death by PowerPoint.